We've heard it all before; drink water, drink water, and drink more water. But do we really know why?
Water plays a major role in keeping our bodies working at optimal function. It should; the human body consists of nearly 80% water. Here's a list of the key reasons to keep drinking that H2O:
- Keep your skin healthy. Water flushes toxins that can prematurely age skin, as well as keeps it moist and hydrated.
- Lose weight. Water suppresses appetite and without enough, the liver must help out the kidneys, taking it away from its normal funtion; metabolizing fat. For an interesting read, see "How 8 glasses a day keeps the fat away"
- Flush toxins. Ward off acne, and ironically, avoid fluid retention by drinking enough water.
- Reduce risk of heart attack, disease, and infection
- Cushion and lube joints. Reduce those painful muscle cramps.
- Stay hydrated, energized, and alert. Fact: Lack of water is the #1 reason for daytime fatigue. A mere 2% drop in body water can cause fuzzy short-term memory.
- Regulate your body temp.
- Absorb more nutrients. With lack of water, we absorb calories from food, but less of the good stuff.